This lovely town in Kerala is well-known for its festivals, culture, dramatic setting, and temples. This destination, located approximately 100 kilometres from Thiruvananthapuram and approximately 140 kilometres from Ernakulam, serves as a gateway to both of these popular destinations. There are numerous temples located throughout the city that have greatly aided in the development of its distinct culture.
How to Reach Adoor :
BY BUS :
KSRTC (Kerala state road transport corporation )buses connect Adoor to almost every important location in Kerala.
In addition, a new interstate service was launched. A new KSRTC scania luxury bus has also been introduced to facilitate travel to Bangalore. There are a number of private buses that connect villages in and around Adoor, making it simple to get around. Other major routes that pass through Adoor include:
Punaloor – Kayamkulam (Ordinary and Fast)
Kottarakkara – Kayamkulam (Ordinary and Fast)
Pathanamthitta – Kayamkulam (Ordinary)
Kottarakkara – Kottayam (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
Thiruvanathapuram – Kottayam (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
Thiruvanathapuram – Ernakulam (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
By Car :
2 hours from Thiruvananthapuram to Adoor (85 Kilometres)
3 hours from Ernakulam (Cochin) to Adoor (130KM)
The minimum charge for internal travel is Rs.10, and each km is Rs.8 during the day and Rs.10 at night. Autorickshaws are available all day and are stationed at Central Bus Stand
By Foot :
10 minutes from Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Private Bust Stand; 5 minutes from Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Revenue Tower ( Near To Private Bus Stand)
Parthasarathy Temple is 2 minutes away from Adoor Central Government Bus Stand. Chennampallil Temple is 15 minutes away from Adoor Central Government Bus Stand. Trichennamangalam Mahadevar Temple is 20 minutes away from Adoor Central Government Bus Stand (Peringinadu)
Attractions Outside :
- The Pandalam
- Temple of Pandalam Mahadeva
- The Parthasarathy Temple – the most important temple in the town
- Temple of Pattupurackal Devi
- Temple of Puthenkavil Bhagavathy.
- Mahavishnu Temple in Sreenarayanapuram .
- Ammummakavu Devi Temple (Chiranickal), Parakode North (5 km from Adoor Town). The Propitiating Mother Goddess is Ammummakavu.
- 5 km east of Kodumon Jn is the Kodumon Palliyara Devi Temple (Chilanthi Ambalam) (8 km from Adoor Town). The water from the Chilanthikinar (Well) on the temple grounds is said to cure skin diseases.
- Orippurathu Bhagavathi Temple is located in Orippuram Thattayil (Adoor – Thumpamon Road Take diversion from Keerukuzhy Jn.). Easy Access 8 kilometres from Adoor Town By road, visit the Bhagavatikunnu Devi Temple (Elamannoor Bhoothamkara) and the Durga Temple (Temple).